Would you like to conduct high-quality personnel training efficiently?
An e-learning system that overcomes the barriers of time and space
E-learning refers to a form of mobile education that uses the internet to conduct long-distance education and training. The mode of transmitting seminars via the Web is known as Webinar.
V-CUBE Seminar is an easy-to-use communication system that offers low-cost e-learning and Webinar.
When conducting regular lessons and training, the organiser (corporation or lecturers) sets up the meeting venue. The applicant (participant or student) commutes to the designated venue to participate in the lesson or training.
The organiser incurs considerable expenses in one session because he/she has to confirm the meeting venue and the staff managing the session. He/She also has to be involved in the setup and cleaning, as well as measure the effectiveness of the lesson or training. The applicants, on the other hand, incur both travelling expenses and waste precious time.
E-learning and Webinar can resolve these issues. As long as an internet-ready environment exists, the organiser can organise a lesson or training from anywhere and the participants can participate no matter where they are.
The organiser does not have to worry about issues such as “the participation rate in the lesson or training may decline due to the bad weather”, or “we may need to postpone the starting time of the lecture or seminar due to delays in public transport”. Participants benefit as they can join in anytime and anywhere from home or office regardless of the weather conditions.
Also, by having trainings or lessons via e-learning, it reduces the need for travelling thus helping to eliminate CO2 (carbon dioxide) emission and prevent global warming.
Apart from the use of Webinars for employee or distributors training sessions, and for e-learning at educational institutions, the Webinar can also be used to transmit stage screening of movies or press conferences in real-time.
Installation of specific software is not necessary. Designed for use in Windows and Mac.
- Point1.Use of Flash Player
- The Webinar operates on Flash Player which is found in more than 95% of computers. There is no need to download specific software designed for seminars or to load CD into the computer to install programs.
- Point2.Can be used in commercially available computers
- The Webinar operates on both Windows and Macintosh as it does not rely on the OS of the computer. It is compatible with various browsers such as Internet Explorer (IE), Firefox (fx) and Safari.
- Point3.Webinar can be transmitted to 10,000 locations
- The webinars can be transmitted ‘live’ to computers in up to 10,000 locations. With the right internet environment, it is possible to organize large-scale seminars from your house to the world.
※one seminar can be simultaneously transmitted to a maximum of 2000 locations.
- Point4.Easy to use and understand
- One of the webinar’s features is its page design which is specifically designed for first-time users and users who are unfamiliar with its operation. Parties (such as corporations and lecturers) who wish to transmit their seminars just need to login and after that, register the time of commencement and email address of the participants. Participants can attend the seminar by simply accessing the URL sent to their email addresses.
Introduction to the functions
Video transmission is definitely possible! Diverse functions for high-quality seminars.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF documents can be used
- Documents for business use such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF and other image files (such as gif and jpg) can be used in Webinar. They are converted to an image in an area known as the Whiteboard (※1) and can be viewed even by those without the software.
By writing on the Whiteboard while explaining, the lecturer conveys his points across more effectively which enhances the quality of the Webinar!
- Chat function
- The Chat Function is available for participants without microphones. Participants can inform the lecturer to explain one more time or if they can’t hear very well etc. The Chat Function is also a means for participants to exchange ideas. The Chat Function can be disabled so one need not worry that it will affect the progress of the Webinar.
- Comments button
- A request message is displayed to the lecturer when participants press the Comments button. If permission is given by the lecturer, participants can give comments and write on the Whiteboard. They can also ask the lecturer questions by writing on the Whiteboard and moving the documents.
Conversely, the lecturer can communicate with participants to ascertain their understanding through questions such as “What do you think of this?” Like the Chat Function, the Comments function can be disabled so one need not worry that it will affect the progress of the Webinar.
- Survey Function
- The lecturer can survey the participants and obtain extremely meaningful data depending on the types of questions asked such as “Please press the number which you think is correct” and “Those who think it is interesting, press YES; those who think it is boring, press NO”.
In addition, Webinar’s key advantage lies in its ability to sum up the survey score on the spot. The results of the survey can be displayed in a bar graph clearly.
- Recording the seminar and on-demand transmission(Option)
- You can record in real time the transmitted seminars and save them as data. You can view the seminars whenever you wish. Participants can listen again to go over the points they missed out or did not understand. Lecturers can check that there were no issues with the lecture progress.
- Display of lecturer ‘s desktop through sharing (Option)
- Lecturer’s desktop can be displayed on the Whiteboard. Documents that cannot be uploaded to the Whiteboard (excluding Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Image data) such as contents in the homepage, can be transmitted to the participants.